- Sat, Dec 05Online EventDec 05, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMOnline EventCherie Hill IrieDance presents the Earth Echoes Virtual Gallery, an exhibition of local artists whose work speaks to the power of feminism, ecology, and community. Join the virtual opening reception to connect with the artists in a shared space for celebration and showcasing some of the new pieces.
- Sat, Nov 14Seeds of HopeNov 14, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:15 PMSeeds of HopeCherie Hill IrieDance presents Seeds of Hope, a dance film premiere along with a panel discussion on environmental justice, art, and race. The event is inspired by Wangari Maathai, founder of the Green Belt Movement and the first African woman to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
- Fri, May 29Joyce Gordon Gallery
- Thu, Feb 20Barrows Hall, UC BerkeleyFeb 20, 2020, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMBarrows Hall, UC Berkeley, 691 Barrows Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USAJoin Black/Girlhood Imaginary working group and Dr. Savannah Shange for a conversation about Black feminisms, methodologies, and Black girlhood. Hosted by the Center for Race & Gender Thursday Forum Series.
- Fri, Feb 07Chapter 510
- Thu, Dec 05CounterPulse
- Sat, Nov 16Hilton San Francisco Union SquareNov 16, 2019, 11:10 AM – 12:25 PMHilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USAIn honor of Dr. Nikki Jones and her influential text, "Between Good and Ghetto: African American Girls and Inner City Violence" (2009), “The Choreography of Black Girls in the City” roundtable features a dialogue between Dr. Jones and her contemporaries.