top of page
- Fri, Feb 24Albuquerque
- Thu, Nov 03San Diego
- Tue, Sep 06WebinarSep 06, 2022, 3:00 PM PDT – Sep 07, 2022, 4:00 PM PDTWebinarOne Story, Three Scholars will feature picture-book author Dinah Johnson and SDSU faculty Avery Caldwell, Lashon Daley, and Gloria Rhodes in celebration of National Read-A-Book Day. The event will include a 15-minute reading and discussion by Johnson followed by brief presentations from each scholar
- Sat, Aug 20University of San DiegoAug 20, 2022, 1:30 PMUniversity of San Diego, 5998 Alcala Park, San Diego, CA 92110, USAThe Festival of Books, hosted on the University of San Diego campus, is an event for book lovers of all ages. Enjoy workshops, activities, photo booths, live entertainment, discussions with award-winning authors and more!
- Wed, Mar 16San DiegoMar 16, 2022, 7:00 PMSan Diego, Love Library, San Diego, CA 92115, USAChris Baron, Lashon Daley, and Matt de la Peña will share excerpts of their work and discuss the latest developments in Children's, Middle Grade, and Young Adult Literature. Event attendees will observe masking and social distancing guidelines. For those who cannot join us in person, the event will
- Wed, Feb 16Online
- Wed, Jun 30Online Event
- Sun, Jan 10Online Event
- Sat, Dec 05Online EventDec 05, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMOnline EventCherie Hill IrieDance presents the Earth Echoes Virtual Gallery, an exhibition of local artists whose work speaks to the power of feminism, ecology, and community. Join the virtual opening reception to connect with the artists in a shared space for celebration and showcasing some of the new pieces.
- Sat, Nov 14Seeds of HopeNov 14, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:15 PMSeeds of HopeCherie Hill IrieDance presents Seeds of Hope, a dance film premiere along with a panel discussion on environmental justice, art, and race. The event is inspired by Wangari Maathai, founder of the Green Belt Movement and the first African woman to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
- Fri, May 29Joyce Gordon Gallery
- Thu, Feb 20Barrows Hall, UC BerkeleyFeb 20, 2020, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PMBarrows Hall, UC Berkeley, 691 Barrows Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USAJoin Black/Girlhood Imaginary working group and Dr. Savannah Shange for a conversation about Black feminisms, methodologies, and Black girlhood. Hosted by the Center for Race & Gender Thursday Forum Series.
- Fri, Feb 07Chapter 510
- Sat, Jan 04Berkeley
- Thu, Dec 05CounterPulse
- Sat, Nov 16Hilton San Francisco Union SquareNov 16, 2019, 11:10 AM – 12:25 PMHilton San Francisco Union Square, 333 O'Farrell St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USAIn honor of Dr. Nikki Jones and her influential text, "Between Good and Ghetto: African American Girls and Inner City Violence" (2009), “The Choreography of Black Girls in the City” roundtable features a dialogue between Dr. Jones and her contemporaries.
- Wed, Oct 23Sonoma State University
bottom of page